An Online Series for Certified EFT Supervisors and Supervisors-in-Training:
Join Sue Johnson for a Series of Online Meetings
An Important Update re: Our October 14 Session
Hello EFT Supervisors,
Unfortunately, Sue will not be able to be with us at our third session of the EFIT Training series because she has a health issue involving her eye and she is stepping back from ICEEFT-related activities for a few months to recover. She will be receiving treatment and the prognosis is looking good.
In her place, we will have the dynamic duo of Lorrie Brubacher and Leanne Campbell, both experienced EFIT trainers, to demonstrate supervision of EFIT live with a therapist who will show a tape of their work with an individual client.
We look forward to seeing you on October 14, 2020, at 12:00 pm PST (3:00 pm ET). Zoom details have been emailed to all registered guests.
We appreciate your understanding,
Lisa and Marlene
This is a truly amazing opportunity with Dr. Sue Johnson! Join our online ZOOM video conference and hear Sue discuss the expanded model of EFT (including Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy), how it affects supervision, and other related topics. Our online supervisor meetings are intended for all Certified EFT Supervisors and Supervisors-in-Training. We’ll meet online a few times a year to review an array of topics.
- DAY ONE: April 8, 2020, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm PST
- DAY TWO: September 16, 2020, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm PST
- DAY THREE: October 14, 2020, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm PST
Signing up is easy – simply click below to register. We also have recordings of Sue’s online meetings which you can learn more about below in the FAQ section.
There are several ticket options for this program:
- EFT Supervisors & Supervisors-in-Training (SITs): The cost is $75 for all three webinars on EFIT and live consultation.
- CE Credit for EFT Supervisors & SITs: There is an added fee of $25 if you want to earn continuation education units (total cost $100). Please see important CE information below. This program meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Psychologists excluded. US residents only.
- Scholarship Ticket for EFT Supervisors & Supervisors-in-Training: If you are experiencing financial hardship, then please select this ticket. Sue wants everyone who wants to attend to be able to attend this event because it’s so important that we are all comfortable and confident with EFIT. (Note: This ticket does not include CE credit. That is a flat fee of $25 and must be added separately.)
- EFT Therapist Ticket – Session Recording from April 8th: While this online series is intended as a Supervisor-only consultation/webinar, EFT Therapists are welcome to watch a recording after each session is complete. This is a gracious offer from our organizers to allow more in the EFT community to learn about EFIT. The cost is $25 per recording. Please be mindful of which meeting date you are selecting. CE credits are NOT available for this option. This will guide our team to know which recording to send to you. Please scroll down to the Requirements section for additional information about this ticket.
- NEW TICKET OPTION: “Bring a Friend”: Our EFT community is committed to embracing the voices and experiences of BPOC and other marginalized groups. Accordingly, we are inviting members and friends by offering free access to an EFIT workshop in an effort to gather and learn together. HOW IT WORKS: Registered attendees are invited to “bring a friend” by sharing this event with a colleague. This free ticket (named “Bring a Friend”) allows for admission to Sessions 2 and 3 of this EFIT series. REQUIREMENTS: this discount is open to therapists, counselors, or students who have completed an EFT Externship or are registered to do so. NOTE: A recording of Session 1 may be requested with this ticket (simply forward your eTicket to Matt Settle at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the following subject heading in your email, “Access Needed: 4/8/2020 Recording, Sue Johnson, EFIT Meeting”. Please allow Matt at least five business days to process your request.)
Who Can Attend:
Access to live webinar meetings is intended for Certified EFT Supervisors and Supervisors-in-Training only.
Note: EFT Therapists and EFT Therapists-in-Training may purchase a recording of each meeting by selecting the EFT Therapist Ticket for the session they would like to view. All recording tickets include specific requirements:
- You must agree to keep confidential the personal identifying information of case material shared in this presentation. You must further agree to not record or disperse any part of this training in any format (audio, video, or visual).
- To view recordings, you must have the training and educational qualifications to legally practice as a professional mental health practitioner in the area I live OR be currently enrolled in formal training to be a professional mental health practitioner. This requirement is similar to those for a EFT Externship; for example, graduate students working in a mental health profession may participate.
- Participants must be familiar with and abide by professional and legal confidentiality requirements regarding all client information shared in the training. Certification in EFT is offered by ICEEFT based on completion of all requirements and demonstrated competence in the model. Completion of training does not guarantee competence or certification. Enrollment in this training constitutes an agreement to hold harmless all presenters and trainers from any and all claims, actions, and judgements, including all costs of defense and attorney’s fees incurred in defending against the same. By purchasing a ticket I have read and agree to follow the terms for participation.
We will conduct all online meetings via Zoom. Instructions will be sent to all registered attendees prior to each meeting. See below how to reach our Zoom host if you have any technical issues.
This course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Dr. Allison Brownlee, PsyD., LMFT #89484 is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for Supervisors Meetings with Dr. Sue Johnson. Dr. Allison Brownlee, PsyD., LMFT #89484 maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
For grievances, please submit an email to email@example.com and include the following information: first and last name, phone number, email address, circumstances of grievance (time, place, event, instructor, offense, and any other relevant information). Dr. Brownlee will respond to email grievances, via phone, within 2 business days of receipt of grievance.
CE credit available to US residents only.
Note: CE credit is only available to EFT Supervisors and Supervisors-in-Training who attend all three live online meetings. EFT Therapists may not attend the live sessions and recorded video from sessions are ineligible for CE credit.
- Increase knowledge about EFT with individuals as evidenced by summarizing of interventions used in EFIT
- Increase engagement with deeper primary emotion in Individual sessions as evidenced by demonstrations and processing a recorded sessions with Dr. Sue Johnson
- Increase supervisor level of confidence with supervising in this modality using direct observation and practice exercise within the 6 hour training.
How long are the meetings?
The duration is typically 90-minutes.
How much does it cost?
There are two ticket types for this program:
- The cost is $75 for all three webinars on EFIT and live consultation.
- Add $30 if you want to earn continuation education units (total cost $105). Please see important CE information below.
A Note About the Fees:
In June 2020, Sue began to limit her talks due to the impact of current demands around the pandemic. So, we postponed Session 2 of the EFIT Supervision Training. During our replacement meeting in June (see details below), we took time to think on ways to use the money raised with this online series. Indeed, we renewed our commitment to embracing the voices and experiences of BIPOC and other marginalized groups and explored using funds to offer trainings on supervising work with BIPOC clients, or issues of racism in supervision, as well as scholarships and to possibly form a smaller group of supervisors to discuss strategy for using the funds.
How do I register?
Click the button above or copy and paste this URL:
You will be asked to complete a few basic questions, and will be given the opportunity to submit questions for upcoming meetings.
Note: the deadline to submit questions via registration is always seven days prior to our scheduled meeting date; this will give us time to compile and give to Sue.
Who can participate?
This webinar is for Certified EFT Supervisors and Supervisors-in-Training only.
How do I access the live meeting?
After you register above, you are all set. As our next scheduled meeting gets closer, you will receive a Zoom meeting invitation from Matt Settle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with details for accessing the live online meeting.
What if I miss a session?
Simply forward your proof of registration to Matt Settle at email@example.com and include the date of the meeting you missed.
What is your cancellation policy?
There are refunds for this program. If you miss a session, you can request a recording. Simply contact Matt Settle at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the date of the meeting you missed.
Wasn’t there a meeting on June 24, 2020?
Yes. We originally planned to hear from Sue on that date, but had to postpone due to a number of reasons. Instead, we used the date to host an important meeting with the worldwide EFT community. “Moving Past the Letters of Solidarity: A Facilitated Conversation” with facilitators, Dr. Zemed Berhe and Dr. Feion Villodas took place on Wednesday, June 24, 2020 from 12 to 1:00 pm PST.
Was the June 24, 2020 meeting recorded?
We did not record this meeting as it involved a group discussion rather than a training.
- Meeting One: On June 26, 2019, Sue held her first Supervisors meeting with to discuss the impact of her new book on EFT supervision, including Emotionally Focused Family Therapy. A recording is now available for those who missed it. Simply register using the button below, and then follow the instructions.
- Scheduled for Wednesday, October 23, 2019, at 10:00 am PDT (and ending at 11:30 am), this online meeting will focus on the expanded model of EFT (including Emotionally Focused Family Therapy), how it affects supervision, and other related topics.